:: Forums :: Discussions :: Easyshop - installation

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Install doesn't create the DB
Moderators: nlstart
Author Post
sdowell
Registered Member #3793
I'm trying to install EasyShop v1.7 into e107 v1.01.
The Easy Shop tables are not being created in the DB.
I've installed other plugins and did not have this issue.
sdowell
Registered Member #3793
I tried creating the tables manually and received this error message:

"Error
SQL query:

CREATE TABLE cna_easyshop_preferences ( store_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, store_name varchar(200) NOT NULL default '', support_email varchar(200) NOT NULL default '', store_address_1 varchar(200) NOT NULL default '', store_address_2 varchar(200) NOT NULL default '', store_city varchar(200) NOT NULL default '', store_state varchar(200) NOT NULL default '', store_zip varchar(200) NOT NULL default '', store_country varchar(200) NOT NULL default '', store_welcome_message text NOT NULL, store_info text NOT NULL, store_image_path varchar(200) NOT NULL default '', num_category_columns int(11) NOT NULL default '3', categories_per_page int(11) NOT NULL default '25', num_item_columns int(11) NOT NULL default '3', items_per_page int(11) NOT NULL default '25', paypal_email varchar(200) NOT NULL default '', popup_window_height varchar(200) NOT NULL default '', popup_window_width varchar(200) NOT NULL default '', cart_background_color varchar(200) NOT NULL default '', t[...]

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 56

Iam running MySQL v5.5.14
pso
Registered Member #3796
  • Open up in a text editor the plugin.php file for that version easyshop.

• Replace all instances of 'TYPE=' with 'ENGINE=' in that code

• Next, select all text and copy.

• Insert into the SQL Query box, like you previously have done.

• click GO!

This time the tables get added.

I did same this morning. Works now.
The problem is deprecating code from the newer SQL version your server is running.

Oh, and I then clicked on the plugin through plugin manager.
The entire plugin page went blank. I mean it was startling, lol, and I could not get into admin area, no areas.
If u have that problem too, then see my next steps.

So I used the ftp program [filezilla] and removed the easyshop plugin.
I then re-uploaded it manually with the ftp [since I could not get to the interface to have e107 upload it for me obviously].

I then refreshed the plugin page and it was not blank anymore.
I then clicked to INSTALL easyshop.
It had the same error but I knew the tables were in there, so I clicked on Main Category selection and I noticed right away that I was able to insert the main category.
Then a category to fall under Main category.

It works now, but I have yet to try the PayPal settings.
sdowell
Registered Member #3793
Thanks for the help.
I changed the TYPE= to ENGINE and it created the tables properly. I haven't tested everything yet, if I run into any more issues I'll post them
Thanks again,
Steve
pso
Registered Member #3796
Your welcome Steve.
I meant the easyshop_sql.php file that came with the easyshop zip file in the root folder of that plugin system. I said plugin.php. My mistake but you knew what I meant obviously.

I had been following the thread for since the day you posted it ;)
I saw also that no answers were coming quick enough and so I did some research into this problem and sure enough I found it in one of the e107.org forums
I'd like to take credit for the fix, but all I really can take credit for is going through all the Capchya words and trouble to sign on here, and give the solution that someone else had uncovered.

Good luck!

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF