<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Why no books?
Moderators: nlstart
This thread is now closed
Author Post
Litty
Registered Member #1374
Hi, and thanks for making this plug-in.

Honestly why no book support? What makes them more complicated than other items? Someone mentioned shipping in another thread, and yes that would be one complication with hard copy books but no more than with T-shirts.

The big advantage to EasyShop is that it lets me have Cubecart for the public, for people who do not want to register at my site but want the product, they can pay more. The easy shop becomes my "Costco" for members, to encourage membership in the site.

The trouble is, and no I don't own the manual since "The best software is free software" and strings aren't free :p, that you connect to your manual in pdf format, an ebook and I don't know how to do that. My website is meant to help promote a book and of course I have the protected ebook content, but I couldn't figure out easily, how to set that up from EasyShop, so I could offer membership a discount. Hardcopy books are the dieing breed, but they probably will live on for another decade or two merely because it's one of the few mediums that can't be erased at a keystroke, and there is some need for that if we intend to continue to have "human history" to be reviewed in the future.

In any event, supporting books and their inventories would be an exceptional addition, but also, since "ebook" and "e-book" do not seem to result in any posts in these forums, could you please post a simple explanation of how to set up an ebook as you've set yours up here? It's cruel torture to see it here to pay 24 euros to buy the manual and I can't do it myself, especially since I don't know if EasyShop supports it or if you did some other programming to accomodate that feature for yourself.

Thank you.
Website

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF