:: Forums :: Discussions :: EasyDBtool

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_GOTO in plugins/easydbtool/index.php on line 208
Moderators: nlstart
This thread is now closed
Author Post
onager
Registered Member #3104
Hi,
up to yesterday I used the tool without any problem. Worked like clockwork.
Today I find it’s giving an error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_GOTO in …/plugins/easydbtool/index.php on line 208.
The thing is: I only get this error on the live server and on all the websites I maintain, but not on my localhost which has exactly the same configuration.
FYI: e107 Versie 0.7.25 (Dutch), PHP Versie 5.3.6
I didn’t change anything on at least two of the sites since quite some time, so I can’t imagine what could be wrong.
Could you please give me some clue.
Thanks.
nlstart

Registered Member #1
Maybe your host changed something? Mysql version?
Website
onager
Registered Member #3104
I'll check with my host. MySQL version 5.0.92-community
onager
Registered Member #3104
Here's the answer I got: they indeed changed PHP versions from 5.2.x to 5.3.x. Could that be causing this error? I vaguely remember there are some important differences between these versions.
onager
Registered Member #3104
Answering my own question: goto is a reserved word in PHP 5.3. so the function goto must be renamed to something else. Once the function has been renamed, things are back to normal again.
nlstart

Registered Member #1
Thanks for pointing that out. I will see about an update in the near future.
Website
onager
Registered Member #3104
You're welcome. I just changed each and every expression "goto" into "ganaar" in index.php, alter.php, create.php and reusable.php. I suppose you could change that into anything you want.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF